Who are Harrogate’s Wellness Warriors? Who proactively promotes the health and wellbeing of our town’s residents? You’d be surprised with what I discovered.
1. The prime promoter of wellness and the kintalini way is the town’s own council. It may not be the glamorous or visually inspiring warrior you may have envisaged to top these polls of wellbeing, but Harrogate Borough Council has numerous projects and schemes in place to help us improve our health – both mental and physical – get our children off to a solid start, maintain the balance of country and town, encourage creative stimulus throughout the town in all areas and to keeping our stress levels down!
2. NHS Harrogate and Rural District – another unlikely suspect? With its pioneering NHS Natural Health services incorporating complementary therapies into the “traditional” methods used by GPs and doctors, our NHS reflects the open-mindedness and mindful nature of our local healthcare system. We should be proud of this. We are lucky enough to have choices.
3. OneWellness: A health and wellness provider that aims to help you get well, stay well and live well. It is Yorkshire’s first GP-led health and wellbeing coaching service to physiotherapy, health checks, personal training, workshops and specialist fitness classes.
4. The Acorn Wellness Retreat is a place that encourages individuals to find ways to improve their lifestyle whether it is through engaging in a new activity or simply by allowing themselves time out to reflect.
5. Yorkshire Centre for Wellbeing – A wonderful centre offering holistic therapies, treatments and consultations promoting wellbeing and a healthy lifestyle: yoga, Reiki, massages, Ayurvedic practices and much more.
More to come… why not vote for one of your Wellness Warriors to be listed in our top promoters for health and wellbeing in Harrogate: email@example.com.